OPEN FOR SUMISSIONS
Deadline before 22/12/2018
Article 1. Objective.
The main goals of CINHOMO include the dissemination and promotion of films that support sexual diversity and gender identity through works of artistic and social relevance. Our purpose is to provide a venue for showing these films which have difficulty accessing conventional channels for film exhibitions. In many cases, they have been favourably critiqued or have received awards at prestigious international film festivals. Some of the films reflect the work of social or cultural groups from countries where there is no access or limited access to film distribution despite being of great interest.
While our film festival tries to fill , as much as possible, this gap in the cultural scene in our town and our region, it is also creating an opportunity to make these productions known, whether modest or grand. Only original film versions are screened, and the most outstanding works from the international movie scene are retrieved, having already been premiered but not being properly distributed.
It is our hope that our film festival will provide referents for people who are non-heteronormative, taking us further towards full integration in a society based on respect. Furthermore, through our documentary film section, we aim not only to make diversity in sexual orientation and gender identity visible as a right, but we also attempt to create awareness about the situation of these populations around the world, contributing to further progress of human rights.
Article 2. Timelines
CINHOMO LGBTI International Film Festival is held annually in Valladolid (Spain). The upcoming Festival is planned for February 2019.
Article 3. Sections.
The Festival consists of four permanent sections:
a.PREMIERE SECTION,will offer an overview of the current global film industry, screening feature fiction films not yet released commercially in Castilla y León.
b.KALEIDOSCOPE SECTION,will feature films that in spite of being products of artistic relevance and quality, and having already been shown in commercial venues in our country, have not been given the attention, distribution accessibility, or the distinction they deserve on our screens.
c.JEWELS SECTION,aimed at bringing back and promoting benchmark films from the history of cinema that feature, more or less explicitly, LGBTI characters.
d.SHORT-FIMS SECTION,will provide support for this communicative format and promote new industry values, mainly those from Spain.
e.DOCUMENTARY FILMS SECTION – HUMAN RIGHTS AREA,this section pays special attention to a gender that, in spite of being of major interest to part of the public, is difficult to find in main-stream commercial venues. This section will feature documentary films on the situation of LGBTI human rights in different countries around the world.
Article 4. Submissions.
Films and materials may be submitted online through our websites, or by email, and/or by regular delivery:
- Through the online platform www.clickforfestivals.com
- Through the online platform festhome.com
- By email, sending a link to email@example.com.
- Sending a DVD to our office at:
CINHOMO Fundación Triángulo Valladolid
Plaza Ochavo Nº 2, 1ºD
47001 Valladolid (Spain)
In this case, please include the following information along with the DVD:
– Technical and artistic data sheet.
– Name, surname, phone number and email of the representative of the film.
The sender is asked to inform us of the delivery by email at one of the above addresses.
CINHOMO will not incur the cost of the expenses related to the delivery charges of the filming material.
Except otherwise agreed, CINHOMO will not return the films if they are not selected for the festival.
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL December, 22nd2018.
Article 5. Criteria.
Films submitted for sections PREMIERE, KALEIDOSKOPE, DOCUMENTARY FILM and SHORT FILM must meet the following conditions:
- Long-feature films, fiction or non-fiction, must have been produced between 2017 and 2018. This time frame could be extended in exceptional circumstances, for films that have not been commercially screened in Castilla y León. For short films, the production year must be between 2017 and 2018.
- The following formats are preferred for the selection process: MPG and AVI. The only supports accepted for screening during the Festival are: DVD blue ray or 35 mm.
- Films will be featured in original versions with subtitles in Spanish, except for films in Spanish. Therefore, copies submitted to the Festival should include subtitles in Spanish or, at least, an .srt file with the text in Spanish attached.
- Feature-length films are films lasting more than 60 minutes and short-films are those with a duration of less than 30 minutes.
Article 6. Prizes.
Among all the feature-length films, documentaries and short films in competition two JURIES, one dealing with fiction and the other with documentaries, both consisting of experienced people from the world of cinema, culture, solidarity or human rights, will decide on the following awards to:
- JURY PRIZE FOR THE BEST FICTION FEATURE-FILM.
- JURY PRIZE FOR THE BEST FICTION SHORT-FILM.
c.JURY PRIZE FOR THE BEST HUMAN RIGHTS DOCUMENTARY FEATURE-FILM.
d.JURY PRIZE FOR THE BEST HUMAN RIGHTS DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM.
A SPECIAL MENTION can also be awarded, at the discretion of the Jury, to a film of each one of the above sections.
A Prize for Best Direction can also be awarded, as well as for the Best Spanish Film, in any of the above modalities, and, where appropriate, to the Best Interpreter, if the Jury deems it advisable.
Furthermore, the same number of prizes will be awarded for the following four categories, according to the votes of the AUDIENCEattending the Film Festival:
- AUDIENCE PRIZE FOR THE BEST FICTION FEATURE-FILM.
- AUDIENCE PRIZE FOR THE BEST FICTION SHORT-FILM
- AUDIENCE PRIZE FOR THE BEST HUMAN RIGHTS DOCUMENTARY FEATURE-FILM.
- AUDIENCE PRIZE FOR THE BEST HUMAN RIGHTS DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM.
Article 7. Shortlisting.
Upon confirmation by CINHOMO that the film has been shortlisted, the following procedure is to be followed:
- Press and advertising material for the film should be immediately sent to the organization.
- The copy for projection shall be received by CINOMO at least ten days before the start of the Festival. This is to be sent to the address mentioned above.
- Copies of the films will be returned, if agreed, at the organization’s expense, after the Festival. To this end, the return address and required deadline have to be clearly indicated by the senders.
Article 8. Screening.
The Festival’s coordination team will establish the order and date for the screening of each film.
Valladolid, 13th of September 2018